Local fruit/veg stand finds. Granny smith apple, 2 yellow tomatoes, cucumber, yellow squashes, tomato, pink lady apple, two honeybell oranges, and a plum. Not pictured: homemade banana walnut granola, 2 lbs fresh green beans, lime and cayenne roasted almonds. All this stuff was about $10.
Avocado pasta! (serves one)
What you’ll need:
- 2 oz whole wheat pasta
- 1/2 of a large avocado
- 2/3 cup frozen green peas (defrosted)
- sea salt
- lemon juice
- Boil pasta and drain. Put back in pot.
- Slice avocado and put in a bowl. Mash and add a dash (not too much, you don’t want it sour) of lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add avocado mash into the pot with the noodles. Stir.
- Add peas
Voila! This was absolutely delicious. For all you avocado lovers out there!
Healthy mac n’ cheese!
Now.. I know it’s a lot of calories but it’s worth it and HEALTHIER and a much larger portion than that horrible boxed mac n’ cheese.
- shredded cheese (I used 1/4 cup and 2 tbsp of natural Sargento shreds)
- 2 oz whole grain pasta (I used rotini)
- 1/4 cup and 1 tbsp of plain greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp light plain soymilk
- fresh ground pepper and sea salt
- veggies of your choice
- Boil pasta and let drain
- Mix the greek yogurt and soy milk in a small bowl
- Put a layer of the pasta in a small dish (I used a souffle dish) then a layer of the greek yogurt mix, then a layer of cheese.
- Next layer of pasta, a bit of yogurt mix, your veggies, more yogurt mix, and the final layer of cheese (I topped mine off with 1 whole wheat ritz cracker for a little crunch)
Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes and serve! About 400 calories for the whole recipe.
**This was seriously AMAZING. My mom makes home made macaroni and cheese but it’s way too fatty for my liking. Don’t be afraid of the calories!
I made whole wheat pancakes with this recipe! They are delicious. The bottom one has blue berries and banana, and the top one has blueberries and strawberries. Instead of using syrup, I put some almond butter on them. SO GOOD!
Preheat oven to 400.
• light flat out italian whole grain wrap
* 1/4 cup pizza sauce
* 1-2 cups spinach
* 1/4 bell pepper
* 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese (can also use 1 oz mozzarella!)
Cook for 10-13 minutes.
Superbowl Sunday means lots of chips, dips and cheering. This year make it a healthy event with my14 CALORIE GUACAMOLE!
I first made the recipe over the summer for fathers day but ever since it’s been one of my favorites. It uses real avocado (no peas here!) mixed with garlic…
Roasted Veggie Pizza Snackers!
Each pizza: 100 calories, 3g fat, 15 carbs, 7g protein
This recipe takes 3 minutes to make; you can have just a half as an awesome snack or both pizzas for a super speady lunch with a side salad! You can use whatever veggies you like, I used my balsamic glazed veggies (red pepper, red onion, zucchini).
If you want to lose belly fat- eat pineapples
If you want to have pleasant breath- eat pineapples
If you want to have glowing, healthy skin- eat pineapples
If you want to have more energy- eat pineapples
If you want to get rid of vaginal odor- eat pineapples
If you want to reduce cellulite- eat pineapples.
Just eat them.
and for the guys- if you want your cum to taste better for your girl (or guy), eat pineapples.
i’m so crude.
Pineapples for the WIN!
ITALIAN STUFFED PEPPERS!
Nutrition per whole pepper:
206 calories, 3g fat, 33 carbs, 15g protein
I first tried this during the summer and it was a complete hit! They’re really simple to make and the peppers roast on their own in the oven flavoring the filling too. Inside is lots of cheese of course but also other veggies like zucchini and spinach. You could try adding butternut squash (frozen) or cauliflower for a more wintery dish! :)